You can join the Civil Service Jobs through many pathways, including the Civil Service Fast Stream and Diversity Internships. The departments also offer apprenticeships and graduate programs, along with direct entry opportunities. Work as an Apprentice in the Civil Service and help to build your future. There are academic apprenticeships of GCSE and A level qualification along with higher & degree apprenticeships. Students from diverse backgrounds with first-year background are offered a short internship at the Civil Service, which is a good way to learn more about careers in the Civil Service. Civil Service offer talented students from diverse backgrounds the opportunity to experience a career in the Civil Service in their final 2 years of undergraduate study.
About Civil Service
Civil Service members work in government departments and agencies as well as in non-departmental governments. In addition to government ministers who were politically appointed, there are also members of the British Armed Forces, police, members of local government or deans of the National Health Service (NHS) and Royal Household staff.
Government officials are advised and assisted by the Civil Service in developing and implementing policies. People all over the country benefit from the civil service’s services, including:
- Running prisons
- Issuing driving licences
- Paying benefits and pensions
- Running employment services
There are also analysts, project managers, lawyers and economists working on policy development and implementation.
Available Jobs at Civil Service
- Commercial Graduate Programme
- Area Finance Manager
- Team Support Officer
- Summer Internship
- Lead Specialist
- Commercial Risk Manager
- DE&S / SDA Risk Manager
- Head of Commercial
- Regional Valuation Unit Head
- Lead Verification Adviser
- Strategic Resourcing Partner
How to Apply for Civil Service Jobs?
The Civil Service Careers website was created to show a comprehensive overview of the Civil Service, to demonstrate how it is changing, and to inform, engage and inspire people of all backgrounds to come and join our Civil Service. Additionally, the website serves as a means for civil servants who are looking for employment opportunities throughout the organization.
- You can start your job search now to get into a Civil Service job (which can be permanent or fixed-term, full-time or part-time)
- an apprenticeship programme sponsored by the Civil Service for 2 years
- a rapid enrolment programme for graduates in the Civil Service
- Diversity Internships for students from ethnic minorities, disabled students, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Providing Early Diversity Internship opportunities for under-represented socio-economic backgrounds
- Movement to Work, which gives unemployed young people work experience at the Civil Service.
- Student placements