The British Airways airline is one of the largest in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1968, the airline is owned by IAG and operates to over 180 destinations. More than 30,000 people are employed by the business.
A Quick Guide to Working at British Airways
- 18 years old is the minimum age for employees at British Airways (How old is the minimum age for employees at British Airways?)
- Opening hours at British Airways: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Available Job Opportunities at British Airways:
- Cabin Crew Member
- Ticket Agent
- Facilities Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Flight Attendant
- Sales Representative
- Ground Operations Agent
- Ramp Agent
- Airline Administrative Support
- Reservations Clerk
- Security Officer
- Aircraft Mechanic
- Customer Service Host
- Air Traffic Controller
Various Job Openings at British Airways
The potential for advancement
Occasionally, outstanding employees at British Airways earn performance-based pay and salary options. The airline is looking for candidates who enjoy working in a social environment. Apply online if you are interested in starting a career in the industry.
Prospects with Entry-Level Experience
While customer service professionals do not need specific experience in order to be hired, they will greatly benefit from it. Workers at British Airways are the ones who can adapt easily to new situations. Entry-level jobs often begin as part-time jobs or full-time jobs.
Several British Airways jobs require applicants to meet certain criteria. You will need a valid UK driving license before you can apply for Ground Operations. Occasionally, cabin crew employees might need to relocate closer to the workplace.
Information on Employment and Salary for British Airways
There are a number of job openings at British Airways for those seeking to fill out applications. The following positions most likely need filling:
Cabin Crew Member
- An average annual salary package for these workers is between £23,000 and £28,000.
- Flight crew members guide passengers with in-flight safety instructions and assist them with in-flight needs.
- An open schedule is essential for employees.
Customer Service Host
- For this role, the annual salary is approximately £22,000.
- Attendants help by answering phones, selling tickets, and helping patrons.
- People who like to interact with the public are the perfect match for this British Airways job.
Ground Operations Agent
- British Airways pays an average salary of around £19,000 a year.
- The baggage is transported from the aircraft to the ground and from the aircraft via ground operations agents.
- Employees who are able to work quickly and with heavy lifting are perfect for this position.
How to Apply for British Airways Jobs?
British Airways offers the opportunity to apply online through its career website. Each applicant has to watch a video series and complete multiple-choice questions for the job application. Before selecting a response, candidates should pay close attention to the material provided.
Job Application Status
The British Airways application process can be tracked online or by phone. In most cases, the hiring staff contacts successful applicants to arrange a job interview within a few weeks. The process might take longer, only depending on the position.
List of Benefits of Working at British Airways
There are competitive hourly wages and paid holidays on the airline. An employee at British Airways may also receive the following benefits:
- Coverage options for medical insurance and wellness programs
- Retirement plans such as 401(k)
- Getting paid for vacations