As one of the largest air carriers in the United States, Alaska Airlines has been in business for over 85 years. Their workforce currently numbers more than 10,000 people.
Here’s What You Need to Know about Alaska Airlines
- Age to be eligible for Alaska Airlines: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Alaska Airlines?)
- Operating hours: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for Alaska Airlines.
Available Positions at Alaska Airlines:
- Legal Assistant
- Project Manager
- Finance Analyst
- Flight Attendant
- Maintenance Staff
- Reservations Agent
- Board Room Concierge
- Customer Service Agent
- Information Technology Team Member
- Customer Care Staff
- Ground and Ramp Service Agent
- Human Resources Officer
Job Opportunities at Alaska Airlines
Diversity in the Team
Everyone can find a job at Alaska Airlines regardless of their background. Employees contribute to the crew at all skill levels by using their differing talents and upbringings. Employers in the military are also looking to hire veterans and active duty members.
The Beginning of Something New
Alaska Airlines’ entry-level jobs are just the beginning of an exciting career. Employees at the airline will have an equal opportunity for advancement, since the airline promotes from within. Employees can receive better salary options and benefits, such as discounts and medical insurance as well as a 401(k) retirement plan.
Candidates need to make sure they meet the airline’s standards. Communicating effectively, organizing your time, and staying positive are some of these skills. Alaska Airlines applicants will need to be able to demonstrate these qualities. Moreover, the company is committed to offering an excellent customer experience. This means employees should be patient and helpful.
Alaska Airlines Employment and Salary Information
Customer service is typically the first priority for entry-level jobs at Alaska Airlines. To apply, a minimum of 18 years old is required. Here are some of the most frequently open careers:
- Serving alcoholic beverages is a requirement for this Alaska Airlines job, so you must be 21.
- General duties include greeting passengers, providing assistance, and distributing in-flight meals.
- A worker’s hourly wage is about $22.00.
- Flight attendants explain and demonstrate the emergency procedures.
Ground and Ramp Service Agent
- Alaska Airlines is recruiting individuals who are physically capable of lifting 50 pounds or more.
- A perfect candidate must be organized and diligent.
- The airline’s employees load baggage on and off planes in a safe and speedy manner.
- $13.75 an hour is the starting salary for this job.
Customer Service Agent
- A typical salary package for customer service agents is $31k.
- They ensure that the checking-in and boarding process goes as smoothly as possible for guests.
- Experience with customers is critical for potential hires.
- People at the company must learn how to communicate effectively and with each other.
How to Apply for Alaska Airlines?
Candidates may apply online for full-time or part-time work. Job seekers can apply to Alaska Airlines through the Career Application on the company website. It’s good to have your recent resume and cover letter handy as well.
An automated email confirmation should be sent to job applicants following the submission of their Alaska Airlines application. Once they’ve logged into their profile, they can check for application progress. Follow up if several weeks go by without a call from a hiring manager to see if an interview can be scheduled.
What are the Benefits of Working at Alaska Airlines?
Alaska Airlines employees benefit from a wide range of job benefits. Employees generally receive:
- An employer matches your 401(k) contributions
- Life insurance
- Coverage of medical care
- Paid vacation
- Paid vacation
A number of Alaska Airlines jobs also come with significant discounts on tickets, along with complimentary travel passes for family.